A legal recruitment company can help you if you’re looking for jobs in the legal profession. As well as asking friends and family, and looking online, and in the job sections of newspapers, you’ll want to make sure that you’ve got the support of a legal recruitment company to make this process easier.
Here’s what you need look for.
1. A legal recruitment company with lots of jobs is likely to be worth looking at. By having lots of jobs, there will be plenty to choose from, and if employers trust the recruitment company, then you should be able to as well.
2. It’s not just the number of jobs that you need to consider. You’ll want to make sure that there are relevant jobs for what you’re looking for. You might be looking for general employment law jobs, or legal executive jobs, or you might be looking for something very niche, perhaps IP law, or some aspect of family law.
3. It’s important that as well as having the right jobs, they have a good reputation. Perhaps you’ll speak to friends or other solicitors or legal executives and what sort of experience they had, and how useful the recruitment company were.
4. Having a good success rate is important. The recruitment company might have lots of jobs, but not be able to match jobs with candidates. You’ll want to make sure that they can help candidates find jobs, as well as just looking through their CVs.
5. It’s also beneficial if you can get the name of person looking for jobs for you. As well as using email, you’ll want to receive a phone call so that the recruitment consultant can introduce themselves, and explain how they’re going to help you. If you need to get in touch with the company, you’ll know who to ask for.
6. Constant communication is essential, as you don’t want to have to keep emailing or phoning to see if your application has been successful, or whether there are any new jobs. It should be the responsibility of the agency to inform your, rather than the other way round.
7. Being able to look at jobs online is another necessity in this day and age. You’ll want to make sure that the recruiter’s website is up to date. There’s not a lot worse than finding your perfect job, only to discover that the vacancy was posted, and probably filled, months or even years ago.
8. You’ll definitely want the ability to compare legal jobs on the recruiter’s website. By having a basket of jobs, or seeing them side by side, you can apply for the most appropriate and suitable, and make sure that you find the legal job you want.
9. By uploading your CV, you can help the agency to see which sorts of jobs are right for you. Clients looking for solicitors or legal executives will be able to see which people they want to interview, and recruitment consultants can help you get the interviews you want.
10. As well as interview help and advice, the legal recruitment company should also offer advice regarding any other ways you can promote yourself, or make your CV better and more appealing, or perhaps suggesting that you might want to choose a different area of law.